Dancing has always held its place in the hearts of those who love the arts, and ballet has proven even more resilient, standing the test of time and changing cultures. This elegant dance form may seem relatively simple to an initial onlooker, but takes years of practice to master. Most ballet dancers spend hours each day with Ballet Dance Classes, striving to reach much-coveted levels of perfection. With its history of over 500 years, there is much more to this dance form than meets the naked eye.
Ballet Dancing Facts
When you think about ballet, you no doubt right away envision female dancers. But did you know that when ballet was first introduced as a dance form, only male dancers were permitted on stage? In fact, women were not allowed to dance in public till 1681! Surprised? Well, here are some more facts that you may not have heard of with regard to ballet dancing:-
- Ballet dancing did not always involve wearing light clothing – back in its days of inception, dancers wore masks and heavy costumes that were quite a task to move in!
- Ballet literally means “Dance” in Latin.
- Ballet dancing companies have four levels of dancers, each of whom handle different roles.
- The pointe shoes that ballerinas wear for a performance are handmade and blocked with glue to stiffen them.
- Prior to performances, ballerinas rub rosin on their shoes to prevent slipping.
- Ballet is an evolving dance form, while it still retains its charm from its inception as a form of court entertainment.
Ideas To Master Ballet Dancing
If your curiosity is piqued about ballet or if you’d love to learn this dance form, it is never too late although it is often recommended that you start early. A great way to master this dance form is to search for a professional and reputed Dance Studio in Cooper City if you or your child is to get the right training.
While there are many dance schools that vie with each other to woo prospective dancers, here are some points you need to check with before choosing a dance school or studio:-
- Does the dance studio have a proper syllabus or do they opt for ad hoc teaching methods? A good studio or school will have a proper syllabus.
- Are there exams conducted so that you and the studio can gauge your performance and progress and address shortfalls?
- What does the dance studio look like?
- What is the dress code? The more professional the better!
Apart from being an enduring dance form, mastering ballet is a great way to stay fit and graceful. You strengthen your core muscles with every session and you gain a whole world of self-confidence as you accomplish more and more in the way of training and performance of this dance form. So if you’re all geared up to become a ballerina, get started by locating the right dance studio in your locality. And remember – you don’t have to be skinny or tall to be a Ballerina!
Call us today on – 954.437.9910 or visit our website – www.DancersGallery.com to register. Feel free to drop in to our studio to know more about us.