It is a well known fact that belly dancing has been around us for centuries and is one of the most popular dance forms in the middle east as well as in many corners of the world. Not many people know this, but Belly dancing was created by Egyptians many years ago and is known worldwide for its sensual styles. This dance style is also very beneficial for health and offers uncountable health benefits. Believe it or not, belly dancing is the best medium for burning calories and offers great body-mind-spirit integration.
This dance form is also known as the perfect low-impact workout for women that help you lose pounds, gain flexibility, as well as help you show off how charming you really can be. There are many benefits of taking belly dance classes as it improves flexibility, concentration level, body posture as well as balance. It also provides you the ability to experience more graceful, coordinated movements, increased energy level and quicker reflexes.
Below we are listing the 5 top reasons why every woman should take up Belly Dance Classes:
- It Helps you stay fit – Belly Dancing is one of the most effective and fun ways to lose weight naturally. The best thing about this dance form is that it allows you to embrace your sensual sides. Besides treating as self-expression and entertainment, belly dancing is also a good form of workout. The more you move your body, the more calories you burn. Another interesting thing about belly dancing is that this exercise is good for even not-so-good dancers. So anyone can enroll themselves in the belly dance classes to stay in shape and size.
- Gives you better posture – Not many people know this, but Belly Dancing helps you get better body awareness, which in turn help you get a good body posture. Taking belly dance classes also helps you learn body balancing as well as better concentration level. The steps involved in belly dancing make you aware of your body posture, hand, foot gestures and your facial expressions too. All of this will give you a sense of self-image, which ultimately results in an improvement of your self-confidence.
- Makes you look young and beautiful – Apart from improving your body posture, Belly Dancing also provides you flawless and younger looking skin. Belly dancing also improves the sleeping ability of the body and helps your body’s natural cycles to function properly. Belly dance movements also produce the endorphins or happy hormones that help you de-stress in no time.
- Helps in Pregnancy – This might surprise you, but when you do Belly Dancing during pregnancy, it helps the baby to move into an optimal position for birth. This dance form also activates the pelvic muscles and relieves back pain during pregnancy.
- Prevent Osteo-related diseases – Since Belly Dancing involves proper hand coordination and shaking of the upper body, it can help you prevent many osteo-related diseases especially in the spine, torso, and the upper body. Also, if you’re suffering from menstrual problems such as irregular periods, learning this dance will help you address these issues.